Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 22 November 2016

SMA Simple Spectrum Analyser: Corrected and enhanced Power Meter functionality!

Hi,

I had this for a long time in my TODO list: the Power Meter function gave wrong results compared to my Siglent SSA3021X and obviously I was doing something wrong.

So I studied how the Channel Power is determined and adjusted the routine, accordingly. There was a bug with the frequency handling, as well, which I corrected.

The results? See for yourself:

This pictures shows my local DVB-T transponder, measured with the Siglent SSA3021X:

And here is the same Channel Power measurement carried out with my software:

The result is very good for this cheap device and a difference of +/-3dB is totally acceptable!

Go ahead and download the latest release here:
Regards,
Vitor

No comments:

Post a Comment