This picture says it all:
I just ported my "VMA Simple Spectrum Analyser" software for the Rohde & Schwarz CRTU!
It should work fine on the Rohde & Schwarz CMU200, as well, since it is the same base device.
Everything is working fine at this point, however, you need the following pre-requisites to get the software working:
- You need a CRTU or CMU200 (of course)...
- You need to have OPSW v5.x installed and activated
- You need to install Keysight Instrument Control
- You need to setup a GPIB to USB interface for fast spectrum refresh rate
- Alternatively, you can use a RS232 connection setup at 115200 baud
- This is still an early beta version. There are bugs and the software may not work for you.
- A license is required. Run the program and follow the license assistant to generate a System Code. Send it to me (vma AT norcam DOT pt), you will receive a temporary Activation Code.
- Connection through GPIB-USB interface: I am waiting to receive mine...
- CMU200: I only own two CRTU
- Connection of a GPS receiver: should work, but obviously may not use the same COM port as the CRTU/CMU200
- If you set RBW too low, making a sweep take longer than the RS232 timeout, an error will happen. You may need to exit the software and open it again.
- When the software crashes, it can happen, that the CRTU gets stuck on REMOTE mode. Restart the software, click on START and then on STOP to free the CRTU.